Thursday, January 14, 2016

The Beginning


Well, here I am again.

I have so much to say and I have no idea where to start.
 
I have missed blogging and while I certainly do not consider myself a writer, I really enjoy it. I like being able to put my thoughts into words. I blogged about a year or so ago, before my Mama got sick. Just like everything else, it took a back seat so that I could help care for her. I wouldn't trade that time I had with her for anything in the world. I miss her terribly everyday and what I wouldn't give for her to be here during this time of my life. 
 
I know that over the next few months and possibly years, I am going to need somewhere to pour my heart out...
 
I am humbly excited to say that Jeff and I are in the process of becoming licensed foster parents. When I read that sentence, my heart feels like it may burst. But it also makes me nervous as all get out. Our hope is that we will  adopt from the foster program here in our state.
 
We are in the middle of the process and the plan is to be completely finished by the end of March (insert wide-eyed emoji here). While, so far, it's been surprisingly simple for us, I know that our world is getting ready to change. And I am totally okay with that. :)
 
So, welcome to my blog! Where I'll share our experience along with the ups and downs of foster care. I can assure you there will be tears and laughter and some sadness too. I can't tell you how much I wish my Mama were here for me to call and talk to about all of this.  We all know, sometimes... you just need to talk to your Mama. :) Deep down, I know that she's keeping up with us and smiling down.
 
I plan to start from the beginning and share how we got to this point and why we felt like foster-to-adopt was the right choice for us.
 
Thanks so much for reading. I'll be back soon!
 
Much love, Dana

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad u and jeff decided to foster. So many children yearn for this such blessing and I know yall are the perfect fit! Can't wait to read up on ur process. Love yall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you both. You will be amazing parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy for you both. I also look forward to reading about this journey. Love you and will continue to keep you both in my prayers ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will be one lucky child.You and Jeff are the best.I love ya'll so much and wish the very best for you two.



    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you are taking that big my-heart-may-be-cracked-before-it-is-filled chance that is the foster-to-adoption process. You both are so loving and brave. I am very happy to be witness to your journey! Bless! ~Darci

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband and I are also in the same process..good luck maybe we can share ideas or advice with each other...melanie and roger davis (friends of Scott and lorna)

    ReplyDelete